Goals for 2017
- Set 2 new PR's. I want to set a couple PR's this year. It's been awhile since I have PR'd, so why not go for two new ones in 2017.
- Race a new distance. I raced 5K's, 5 milers, 13.1, and 26.2. Time to try a 1 mile, 10K, or something new to test me.
- Go longer than 26.2. I've been thinking for a couple years about trying a 50 K, or a 6 hr. run. Maybe this is the year, plus it takes care of #2!
- Commit to 2017 entirely. As I talked about above, I need a full year of commitment to see how I can race, 2017 is the time.
- Marathon #4. I would like to run a marathon a year for the foreseeable future, checking out new races and gaining race hardware.
- Win an age group. This one I have done, but not in a year or two. I want to get back down in time and rule the road.
- Win a race. This is going to take a little help; i.e., a weaker field. But hey, a win would be a win, right?
That's it. The goals for the year are solidified and recorded. There's no backing out now. After I post this, in a week or so, I plan to sidebar it to keep it active and viewable near the top of the site. I would love to hear your running goals, etc. for the year as well. Feel free to share and I will link it up to my site.