You know a runner? Are married to one? Have a brother runner? Know a couple old mother runners? If you do, check out the following gifts for that person, or yourself. When I think about what to include on my gift list each year, I keep it simple. I promote the stuff I use/love because I think others will feel the same. I won't say that everything is cheap, but I won't be promoting a $300 jacket or sunglasses that cost $250. I think there is a place where affordability meets quality and that's where I like to be. I also like to promote brands or companies I believe are good for the sport, or products simply good for the runner's soul.
If you have anything to comment on or want to add on, leave it in the comments. Here goes. Find something on the list and go check it out.
1. RoadID--It will always be number one on the list, every year. I think it is is the single most important piece of equipment every runner/cyclist should own and wear 24/7. It is cheap, easy, and may save your runner's life. Go here for a chance to win a gift card to RoadID.
2. Optic Nerve Sunglasses--Also will be a list entrant every year. Great sunglasses that work well for leisure or for sport. Two things I don't like about sunglasses, high $ and when they bounce or move during activity. Optic Nerve sells pairs that range from $30-115ish. I wear them during running, softball, and everything I do with my kids during sports. They stay on, period.
3. Top 3 books for runners--
Running with the Buffaloes- non-fictional season with the Colorado Buffaloes Cross Country team. It is an amazing book, following the team, coaches, relationships, tragedy, triumph, and more. My favorite running book of all time.
Once a Runner- fictional tale of running, it's a cult classic among runners. The sequel, Again to Carthage is good too, although not a top 3.
A Race like No Other- Non-fictional book about the 2007 NYC marathon, the book tells the story of several professional and non professional runners, each on a quest towards something great.
4. Augusta Active Circuit Pants--God I love these pants. Augusta Active is great all around. I have tees, pants, jackets, water bottles from them and love everything. Why specifically the pants then? They are comfy, fit well, and with this week's code, Cyber40, are only like $16.50! Most brands charge like $50 for comfortable sweats with pockets and open bottoms. These are awesome! Plus, I can't handle the new skinny leg sweats rage. It's weird.
5. Aftershokz--These headphones are a game changer. They go in front of the ear so no need to
worry about fit, and you care hear your surroundings as well! Safer listening and running! Plus, at $30-$120, they won't kill your wallet. There are wired and wireless options.
6. Gift card to one of the following stores. We runners are picky about sneakers, clothing, just about everything related to, well, running. No runner every got mad about a getting a running gift card!
Road Runner Sports
Gone for a Run