Besides the 40 minute run today, the other topic on my mind is my nutrition. To be honest, I have been a straight up train wreck for the last month and a half. I am eating like crazy and it shows. I need to trim this gut down. Even beyond that, I just feel like crap now. It's no secret that eating at least somewhat healthy dramatically improves how you feel physically and mentally. Here are some of the simple things I am going to focus on starting now to turn around my nutritional momentum:
1. Water, not soda. Not that I have been drinking a lot of soda, but I haven't been drinking a lot of water, like ever. I need to up it a bit. Well, to be honest, one glass a day would be upping it, so I need to be somewhat more significant that that.
2. Less crap carbs. This is where all my weight gain has come from. I have been housing the crap carbs. Crumb cake, brownies, chips, pretzels, fries, everything, except the good ones. I am dropping the crap carbs and the excess sugar along with it.
3. More vegetables. I like and eat a large variety of veggies when I am taking the time to involve them in meals and recipes. The problem is, I sometimes just don't include them. I need to get back on the spinach road, along with some of my favorites like brussel sprouts, broccoli, edamame, etc.
4. Better proteins like eggs and beans, less of the traditional meat proteins. Again, I enjoy different proteins, but I can be lazy about them. I need to get the soups and hard boiled eggs going again.
5. Smoothies need to be fired up again. I have an awesome blender and a decent ability to make a tasty, healthy smoothie. However, when I fall out of the rhythm, I don't utilize this power packed meal in a glass.
I am not reinventing the wheel here. The stuff above, are the basics that can help you achieve a base level of nutritional moderation. Most of the issues I have, along with millions of other humans, have to do with simple laziness and poor planning. When I am organized, I eat well. Plain and simple. Time to get organized and feel better.
Oh, by the way, the 40 minute run was fine, but inside again. F