As you can see in the picture, the water enhancer comes in a little bottle about 3 inches high and a couple inches at it's widest. It's quite simple really, you grab a water bottle or cup of water, pop the Mio open, and squirt in as much or as little as you want. Bingo, you now have a tasty beverage, and depending on the line you use, you are getting some caffeine, vitamins, or something else in addition to your rehydration. Here are the things I love about the Mio Energy:
- I like that you can regulate the strength of the drink, depending on how much you add. Sometimes I want it stronger, sometimes weaker. More or less is easy with Mio, but not with those single serving powder packets. You are stuck with the packet, unless you can deal with leaving some out.
- I like the flavor variety they offer. Currently, the Energy line comes in Tropical Fusion (my favorite), Wicked Blue Citrus, Black Cherry, Green Thunder, Strawberry Pineapple Smash, and Acai Berry Storm.
- Small and easy to deal with. I can see the versatility of this bottle as an option to carry during races to add to water and always have your choice of hydration. You are often stuck with water or whatever product is sponsoring that race. However, if you run on Mio, you could stick it in a pocket or one of those hydration belts and boom, you have your drink choice at every race.
- The taste is great! I like the flavors Tropical Fusion and Wicked Blue Citrus the most, but I enjoy all of them. The best part is that after you drink, beyond the normal time, there is no lingering taste. I have never been a fan of a couple lines I won't mention because of the lingering and plastic-like taste. Not with Mio.
- Caffeine included is perfection. I always look for caffeine gels, drinks, etc. It's what I choose. These are great choices.
As far as recommendations or things I would change, I really only have two:
- First, add some flavors once in awhile. I like companies that change flavors and offer different choices.
- Let's make that bottle slimmer and more race/training run friendly. How great would it be if the bottle were slimmer, maybe had a little plastic clip on it for the waist, and was more sleek!
I look forward to branching out and trying the other lines in the coming weeks. Specifically, I am going to try the Fit line next as a method of electrolyte intake on some longer training runs.
Finally, this review was done independent of the company. I have no relationship with them at this time. I have not been paid for this review and it is completely of my own opinion.